The entire Concentric organization upholds an ongoing commitment to improving quality of services and products while rapidly responding to customer needs. Concentric maintains quality through a system of checks and balances — by providing a framework for establishing and reviewing quality objectives.
To ensure customer satisfaction, along with premium quality of products and services, Concentric traces jobsite activities via the following QA & HSE forms:
- HSE-JSA - The Job Safety Analysis form evaluates job tasks and potential hazards and responds by taking necessary action to avoid these instances. This form must be completed before a job begins and requires signatures of all participating employees.
- QA-OTJR - The Offshore Technician Job Report records well information, job parameters and timelines with a detailed description of event. This form is most often completed during post-job activities, but all information requested is recorded in a tally book while at the jobsite.
- QA-NCDR - The Non-Conformance/Discrepancy Report records any non-conformances or discrepancies while at the jobsite or while performing the job. It requires description of non-conformance/discrepancy, corrective action and preventive action. All of these forms are reviewed and signed by QHSE manager upon returning from job.
- HR-PER00 - The Personnel Evaluation Report is completed by authorized personnel of the operating company once the job is complete and allows the operating company to evaluate and grade our personnel's performance.
- QA-ST - Offshore personnel complete a Service Ticket, which describes all job activities and service costs following a job. This form is signed and dated by service hands and authorized personnel of the operating company before leaving jobsite.
- QA-OSTPC - The Offshore Technician Procedure Checklist ensures all jobsite functions are performed and includes checklists for Frac Pack and Nitrogen Job Execution Procedures as well as a 1502 checklist.